Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] madhu.balasubramanian@gmail.com is offline

Default Combining diacritical characters - windows word

Hi:

Is it possible to put a common hat over two characters, something like
"(AB)^" without using equation editor?

Madhu.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Madhu,

You could use a field coded as as { EQ \o (^,AB)}. To achieve the desired result, subscript the 'AB'.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

wrote in message oups.com...
Hi:

Is it possible to put a common hat over two characters, something like
"(AB)^" without using equation editor?

Madhu.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] madhu.balasubramanian@gmail.com is offline

Hi Macropod,

Thank you.

1. I tried your suggestion, however, it doesn't look right in the
screen. Instead of appearing over AB, the ^ prints right on AB.

2. Also is it possible to combine multiple unicode characters; for
example combine solid-circle with ^. Simple examples like "A U+030d
Alt+x" works fine in microsoft word; I am wondering if it is possible
to combine multiple unicode characters in microsoft word; for example,
a hat over solid circle: "U+25CF U+005E Alt+x".

3. And while some of the simple unicode characters works fine, for few
of the combinations I see an empty box (like an invalid character or
something). I think I don't have the complete unicode font. Can
someone suggest where do I get the recent fonts for windows word (xp)?

Thanks very much.

Madhu.

On Mar 26, 9:33 pm, "macropod" wrote:
Hi Madhu,

You could use a field coded as as { EQ \o (^,AB)}. To achieve the desired result, subscript the 'AB'.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]
-------------------------

wrote in ooglegroups.com...
Hi:

Is it possible to put a common hat over two characters, something like
"(AB)^" without using equation editor?

Madhu.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You may find this page on Suzanne Barnhill's site to be helpful:

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

1. That's why Macropod suggested subscripting A and B. You may also need to
format the ^ as "raised." When editing the field code, you can apply any of
the usual font formatting to selected characters.

2. Any character that can be entered in Word can (AFAIK) also be used in an
EQ field. If necessary, copy/paste it in.

3. If a given font doesn't contain the required character, then it can't be
used.

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] madhu.balasubramanian@gmail.com is offline

Thanks. I overlooked the portion of Macropod's reply about
subscripting. I just found out that one can use U+02C6 instead of
superscripting ^; for a hat "centered" over a solid-circle this is
what I used: {EQ \O\AC(U+02C6,U+25CF)}.

Thanks very much all, for your help and clarrification.

Madhu.

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org