Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Copy/Paste default formatting

Using Word 2002 in XP.

When I copy and paste text from one document into another, very often it is
pasted with the original doc font and formatting rather than adopting that
of the recipient document. There appears an option button that allows me to
then select that the formatting be changed to that of the receiving doc, but
it is not the default, thereby forcing me to constantly have to change it.

Is there a way to make the default that the pasted text adopts the
formatting of the document it is being pasted into?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Tools, Options, Edit tab.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Jeff" wrote in message
Using Word 2002 in XP.

When I copy and paste text from one document into another, very often it
is pasted with the original doc font and formatting rather than adopting
that of the recipient document. There appears an option button that allows
me to then select that the formatting be changed to that of the receiving
doc, but it is not the default, thereby forcing me to constantly have to
change it.

Is there a way to make the default that the pasted text adopts the
formatting of the document it is being pasted into?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff Jeff is offline

I found that tab screen, but do not see where I can tell Word to default the
paste to what is on the recieving document.

Jeff

Terry Farrell wrote:
Tools, Options, Edit tab.

"Jeff" wrote in message
Using Word 2002 in XP.

When I copy and paste text from one document into another, very
often it is pasted with the original doc font and formatting rather
than adopting that of the recipient document. There appears an
option button that allows me to then select that the formatting be
changed to that of the receiving doc, but it is not the default,
thereby forcing me to constantly have to change it.

Is there a way to make the default that the pasted text adopts the
formatting of the document it is being pasted into?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I haven't got 2002 about to confirm the option, but in 2003 it was a button
at the bottom of the Edit Tab labeled Paste Options or something like that.

Terry

"Jeff" wrote in message
I found that tab screen, but do not see where I can tell Word to default
the paste to what is on the recieving document.

Jeff

Terry Farrell wrote:
Tools, Options, Edit tab.

"Jeff" wrote in message
Using Word 2002 in XP.

When I copy and paste text from one document into another, very
often it is pasted with the original doc font and formatting rather
than adopting that of the recipient document. There appears an
option button that allows me to then select that the formatting be
changed to that of the receiving doc, but it is not the default,
thereby forcing me to constantly have to change it.

Is there a way to make the default that the pasted text adopts the
formatting of the document it is being pasted into?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I think you're thinking of the setting that allows you to control the
wrapping of pasted/inserted pictures. The only thing relevant to text is
whether or not the Paste Options button is shown. There are some Smart Cut
and Paste settings (the Settings... button opens the Settings dialog), but
the ones that deal with formatting have to do with material pasted from
Excel or PowerPoint.

"Jeff" wrote in message
I found that tab screen, but do not see where I can tell Word to default
the paste to what is on the recieving document.

Jeff

Terry Farrell wrote:
Tools, Options, Edit tab.

"Jeff" wrote in message
Using Word 2002 in XP.

When I copy and paste text from one document into another, very
often it is pasted with the original doc font and formatting rather
than adopting that of the recipient document. There appears an
option button that allows me to then select that the formatting be
changed to that of the receiving doc, but it is not the default,
thereby forcing me to constantly have to change it.

Is there a way to make the default that the pasted text adopts the
formatting of the document it is being pasted into?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff Jeff is offline

That is correct. So, is there a way to make Word 2002 default to pasting in
the format of the receiving document instead of its present default of
pasting in the format of the original document?

Jeff

"Jeff" wrote in message
I found that tab screen, but do not see where I can tell Word to
default the paste to what is on the recieving document.

Jeff

Terry Farrell wrote:
Tools, Options, Edit tab.

"Jeff" wrote in message
Using Word 2002 in XP.

When I copy and paste text from one document into another, very
often it is pasted with the original doc font and formatting
rather than adopting that of the recipient document. There
appears an option button that allows me to then select that the
formatting be changed to that of the receiving doc, but it is not
the default, thereby forcing me to constantly have to change it.

Is there a way to make the default that the pasted text adopts the
formatting of the document it is being pasted into?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Not that I know of. You can use a macro to paste unformatted text (such a
macro is posted in these newsgroups fairly often), or you can select this
from the Paste Options button.

"Jeff" wrote in message
I found that tab screen, but do not see where I can tell Word to
default the paste to what is on the recieving document.

Jeff

Terry Farrell wrote:
Tools, Options, Edit tab.

"Jeff" wrote in message
Using Word 2002 in XP.

When I copy and paste text from one document into another, very
often it is pasted with the original doc font and formatting
rather than adopting that of the recipient document. There
appears an option button that allows me to then select that the
formatting be changed to that of the receiving doc, but it is not
the default, thereby forcing me to constantly have to change it.

Is there a way to make the default that the pasted text adopts the
formatting of the document it is being pasted into?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The macro

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo oops
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText, Placement:= _
wdInLine
End
oops:
Beep
End Sub

"Jeff" wrote in message
I found that tab screen, but do not see where I can tell Word to
default the paste to what is on the recieving document.

Jeff

Terry Farrell wrote:
Tools, Options, Edit tab.

"Jeff" wrote in message
Using Word 2002 in XP.

When I copy and paste text from one document into another, very
often it is pasted with the original doc font and formatting
rather than adopting that of the recipient document. There
appears an option button that allows me to then select that the
formatting be changed to that of the receiving doc, but it is
not the default, thereby forcing me to constantly have to
change it.

Is there a way to make the default that the pasted text adopts
the formatting of the document it is being pasted into?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff Jeff is offline

Thank you both.

Jeff Malka

"Jeff" wrote in message
I found that tab screen, but do not see where I can tell Word to
default the paste to what is on the recieving document.

Jeff

Terry Farrell wrote:
Tools, Options, Edit tab.

"Jeff" wrote in message
Using Word 2002 in XP.

When I copy and paste text from one document into another, very
often it is pasted with the original doc font and formatting
rather than adopting that of the recipient document. There
appears an option button that allows me to then select that the
formatting be changed to that of the receiving doc, but it is
not the default, thereby forcing me to constantly have to
change it.

Is there a way to make the default that the pasted text adopts
the formatting of the document it is being pasted into?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
negro negro is offline

I use Windows XP Pro. I had installed Lingvosoft English Turkish Dictionary
after installed Office 2007 Enterprise. When I right click in Word document I
see dictionary buttons instead of Cut, Copy, Past . . . features. Thats why
I have uninstalled Lingvosoft, but Word is the same still. How can I see Cut,
Copy, Past and other features in Word 2007 when I select a text and right
click?
Thanks for your answers.

Here is screenshot:
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2194/wordbu0.jpg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I suggest that your run the diagnostics which should repair Word. In Word,
click on the Office Icon (top left corner) and select Options (near the
bottom). Chose Resources tab and then click on 'run Office Diagnostics'.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

negro wrote in message
I use Windows XP Pro. I had installed Lingvosoft English Turkish Dictionary
after installed Office 2007 Enterprise. When I right click in Word
document I
see dictionary buttons instead of Cut, Copy, Past . . . features. Thats
why
I have uninstalled Lingvosoft, but Word is the same still. How can I see
Cut,
Copy, Past and other features in Word 2007 when I select a text and right
click?
Thanks for your answers.

Here is screenshot:
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2194/wordbu0.jpg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
negro negro is offline

I tried diagnostics. I can not remove these dictionary icons. Even I have
uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2007, but still the same

"Terry Farrell":

negro wrote in message
I use Windows XP Pro. I had installed Lingvosoft English Turkish Dictionary
after installed Office 2007 Enterprise. When I right click in Word
document I
see dictionary buttons instead of Cut, Copy, Past . . . features. Thats
why
I have uninstalled Lingvosoft, but Word is the same still. How can I see
Cut,
Copy, Past and other features in Word 2007 when I select a text and right
click?
Thanks for your answers.

Here is screenshot:
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2194/wordbu0.jpg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

That's a problem then as the Ribbons are pretty much locked out of bounds to
mere mortals like us! Try renaming normal.dotx as normal.bad and restart
Word. If it is still the same, it's a problem.

I suggest that if a diagnostics has failed to work that you uninstall Office
and then do a fresh install. Reboot in between though. I am not convinced it
will definitely work, but it should.

Terry

negro wrote in message
I use Windows XP Pro. I had installed Lingvosoft English Turkish
Dictionary
after installed Office 2007 Enterprise. When I right click in Word
document I
see dictionary buttons instead of Cut, Copy, Past . . . features.
Thats
why
I have uninstalled Lingvosoft, but Word is the same still. How can I
see
Cut,
Copy, Past and other features in Word 2007 when I select a text and
right
click?
Thanks for your answers.

Here is screenshot:
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2194/wordbu0.jpg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Robert is offline

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 00:19:27 -0500, Jeff wrote:

Using Word 2002 in XP.

When I copy and paste text from one document into another, very often it is
pasted with the original doc font and formatting rather than adopting that
of the recipient document. There appears an option button that allows me to
then select that the formatting be changed to that of the receiving doc, but
it is not the default, thereby forcing me to constantly have to change it.

Is there a way to make the default that the pasted text adopts the
formatting of the document it is being pasted into?

Jeff

Greetings--
You have such an option in Word 2007 ("Advanced Options").
--
Cheers
Robert
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
negro negro is offline

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2007, as rebooting after
uninstallation. But I couldn't solve problem. Windows reinstalled and problem
solved now.

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/786/wordll4.jpg

"Terry Farrell":

negro wrote in message
I use Windows XP Pro. I had installed Lingvosoft English Turkish
Dictionary
after installed Office 2007 Enterprise. When I right click in Word
document I
see dictionary buttons instead of Cut, Copy, Past . . . features.
Thats
why
I have uninstalled Lingvosoft, but Word is the same still. How can I
see
Cut,
Copy, Past and other features in Word 2007 when I select a text and
right
click?
Thanks for your answers.

Here is screenshot:
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2194/wordbu0.jpg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

One heck of a task just to repair broken icon! I'm please you got there in
the end.

Terry

negro wrote in message
I use Windows XP Pro. I had installed Lingvosoft English Turkish
Dictionary
after installed Office 2007 Enterprise. When I right click in Word
document I
see dictionary buttons instead of Cut, Copy, Past . . . features.
Thats
why
I have uninstalled Lingvosoft, but Word is the same still. How can I
see
Cut,
Copy, Past and other features in Word 2007 when I select a text and
right
click?
Thanks for your answers.

Here is screenshot:
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2194/wordbu0.jpg

Modify default formatting of pasted text Craig Fletcher Formatting Long Documents 6 March 27th 06 04:30 AM
Formatting In Use (Style and Formatting Task Pane) Slow + Incorrect? Paul Formatting Long Documents 6 November 8th 05 11:36 PM
How to copy/paste column formatting between rows Robert Tables 4 July 5th 05 08:19 PM
Default Formatting Katie Page Layout 1 January 12th 05 04:15 AM
Make keep destination formatting the default russweb Microsoft Word Help 2 December 2nd 04 03:15 PM