Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CAYG CAYG is offline

Default My TOC keeps resetting itself

I have made a simple TOC for a document of 15 pages. The TOC is two levels
deep (heading 1 & 2). Whenever I close the document or email it to someone,
when it is opened the TOC has reset itself and every entry in the TOC is the
same page.

What can I do to ensure the numbering in the TOC
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is the document being opened in Reading Layout view? This is known to cause
the problem. You can switch to another view and update the TOC to correct
it, or you can avoid Reading Layout view (which applies only to documents
opened from email attachments) by disabling it on the General tab of Tools |
Options.

"CAYG" wrote in message
I have made a simple TOC for a document of 15 pages. The TOC is two levels
deep (heading 1 & 2). Whenever I close the document or email it to
someone,
when it is opened the TOC has reset itself and every entry in the TOC is
the
same page.

What can I do to ensure the numbering in the TOC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stuart H Stuart H is offline

I have the same problem and have disabled the reading layout view as you
suggest, but the TOC still keeps resetting so that it lists everything as
being on page 1 whenever I email Word documents to my boss - is there any
other reason for this?