Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
clapperboard clapperboard is offline

Default print white lettering on black background

I wish to imitate film titles such as white titles on a black background. How
can I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi clapperboard,

You can either:
1. Set the page background to black with a white font; or
2. Use black paper and white ink.

With the first option, you'll use masses of black ink/toner, and the page borders will likely remain white.

For the second option you'll need a printer for which you can buy white ink, plus a cartridge of white ink and some black paper.

--
Cheers
macropod

"clapperboard" wrote in message ...
I wish to imitate film titles such as white titles on a black background. How
can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Macropod has given you the answers if you want an entire page or document
reversed. For just specific selections, such as headings, use Format |
Borders and Shading to apply black shading to the paragraphs. If your font
color is set to Automatic, it will reverse to white without any further
action on your part.

A common issue with text shading is that it doesn't extend far enough from
the text (and Spacing Before/After is outside the shading). You can change
this by applying a border (also black) as well; you can then, in Options...,
set the "Distance from text" on any side to an amount up to 31 points
(almost half an inch).

http://word.mvps.org