Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
russv russv is offline

Default Why does Word change the indents in my numbered outlines?

When I get a document from another source that I need to add on to, I can't
seem to get the numbered outline format to continue in the same structure
that the first part of the document uses. When I go to add on, the indents
and number styles change, so I have to redo the whole thing to get uniform
formatting. How do I get the new things I type in to use the same
heirarchical format as what has already been formatted?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

How did you set up your outline? Note that you should be using numbered
styles, and that you should define all aspects of numbering (including
indentation) via the numbering options. For Word 2003, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. If you are
using Word 2007 and need more detailed instructions, post back.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP