Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
G G is offline

Default Table of Contents

How do I get my Table of contents to show in numerical order. The number 2
page is at the bottom and # 46 is at the top. When I click on the page it's
the correct number but it's listed out of order on the table of contents.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Are there any section breaks in the document? If so, look in the Page Number
Format dialog box for each section and see what restart options have been
specified for page numbering.

To open the Page Number Format dialog box in a particular section:

- Click View | Header and Footer. On the Header and Footer toolbar, click
the Format Page Number button. (Word 97-2003)

- Double-click the header to activate the header/footer area. On the Header
& Footer Tools Design ribbon tab, click Page Number, and then click Format
Page Numbers. (Word 2007)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"G" wrote in message
How do I get my Table of contents to show in numerical order. The number
2
page is at the bottom and # 46 is at the top. When I click on the page
it's
the correct number but it's listed out of order on the table of contents.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
G G is offline

She got it fixed by copy and paste from the same document kept in another
file. Thanks for the info. I'll save it for nex time.

"G" wrote in message
How do I get my Table of contents to show in numerical order. The number
2
page is at the bottom and # 46 is at the top. When I click on the page
it's
the correct number but it's listed out of order on the table of contents.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Thank you for the follow-up.