Beth Hess

Default Margins of Section X Are Set Outside Printable Area

I'm using Word 2000, and am having problems printing documents to one
printer. Occasionally, when I print a multi-sectioned document from Word 200
to a HP8000 printer, I will get the message "Margins of Section X are set
outside the printable area of the page", with 'X' being one of the sections
of the document. Sometimes this section is set up as landscape, sometimes
portrait. I can print the same document to an HP5000 printer with no
problems. Sometime I can print out just that section alone to the HP8000
printer with no errors.

I have looked at the set-up for the problem section in comparison to other
sections in the document, and can't find any differences in margin settings,
etc.

Anyone know what the problem might be? Could it be a printer driver problem?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Beth Hess
Analex Corporation

Beth Hess

Thanks. I found a post from 4/18/05 that seems to fix my problem (titled
2.67 margins). It has to do with resetting the Format | columns to One
column. I tried it, and am able to print to an HP8000 without these errors.

Beth