tintincute tintincute is offline
Junior Member

Default {TOC \o "1-5" \u} formatting issue but not with other users

Dear All

I have problems with a word document 2010 which is saved in the network for everybody, which means everybody can access it and save the document rename it and work on it.

I was working on it and suddenly I somehow deleted the table of contents which then, gave me this: {TOC \o "1-5" \u}

I closed the document without saving it so that I couldn't make any changes, but then it didn't ask me if I want to save or not.

I asked a colleague of mine, if they can see the table of contents on that document, when they open the document they see it perfectly fine. No error! So I thought this must be a local settings on my computer.

I tried to also save it as with a different name, but the changes didn't take effect. I tried right clicking on where these error is and selected : "Toogle Field Codes" I can see the structure of the Table of contents but then when I saved it, it will not save.

Can you please help me on this? Thanks

PS: using word 2010

Regards
tintincute
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Press Alt+F9 to hide field codes (which you are seeing now) and redisplay
field results.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"tintincute" wrote in message

[...]

Stefan, you rock! Thanks a lot!

[quote='Stefan Blom[_3_];494691']Press Alt+F9 to hide field codes (which you are seeing now) and redisplay
field results.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP