MichaelM

Default Matching Print Preview to Two Page Editing Layout w. Mirror Margin

Hi,

two questions, one nasty, one easy:

a) I have a document using mirror margins. I've noticed that when I'm
editing the document in print layout mode, with the zoom set to two pages,
the page layout is like this:

1 2
3 4
5 6
etc.

When I go to print preview, to check out how it will look in final layout
form, with the nifty light blue simulated bind between each pair of pages, i
get this layout:

1
2 | 3
4 | 5
6 | 7
etc. (the vertical line is the blue bindy thingy that appears inbetween the
pages in each pair).

So in the normal print layout editing mode, the pages are 'put together'
the opposite way to how they are in the print preview mode. This wouldn't
normally be a problem, except I have a book style document which has
different odd and even margins, and stuff on the outside edge of each margin,
which in print layout editing mode appears on the inside of each pair of
pages.

Now I tried to fiddle with using different sections,but it seems (in my
version of Word 2002 at least), that although some of the page setup
settings can be applied to specific sections (such as landscape / portrait
layout), mirror margins are either applied to the entire document or not at
all. I've also tried inserting strategically placed blank pages, but the
problem remains the same - in print preview mode the the first page is by
itself, then pages 2 and 3 are connected etc..., whereas in print layout
mode 1 and 2 are displayed next to each other, 3 and 4 etc.

Is there any way I can have the pages laid out in the editing mode print
layout as they appear in print preview mode?

b)

When in print layout mode I go to the zoom drop down box and select two
pages, it selects 93% which only lets one page on screen at a time. I have to
manually set the zoom to something 90% to get two pages side by side on the
screen. Any hacks I can do to avoid this problem? Or even a way of recording
a macro or something that lets me set to the required zoom for having two
pages on screen at once in print layout mode?

Thanks very much,

Michael