Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen500

Default How do I create/print numbered note cards for a research paper?

Hi, I need to create a table or template in word that will allow me to have a
document with many (200?) separated, numbered notecards. I would like to
insert some recurring fields for author and title, so that I won't have to
re-enter that with every card. I would like to print the cards out onto
notecards. I don't know if anyone makes perforated notecards that would fit
into a printer, either. Does anyone know if those exist? And, does anyone
know how to create a tabel/template like the one I described? Thanks,
Jen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

This is mail merge - see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm . As for the paper stock, there
are loads of perforated norecards to be found. Try your local stationers or
on-line suppliers.

Jen500 wrote:
Hi, I need to create a table or template in word that will allow me
to have a document with many (200?) separated, numbered notecards. I
would like to insert some recurring fields for author and title, so
that I won't have to re-enter that with every card. I would like to
print the cards out onto notecards. I don't know if anyone makes
perforated notecards that would fit into a printer, either. Does
anyone know if those exist? And, does anyone know how to create a
tabel/template like the one I described? Thanks,
Jen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daiya Mitchell

Alternatively, there is dedicated software for research index cards. I just
googled index card softwa
http://www.google.com/search?client=...oftware& ie=U
TF-8&oe=UTF-8

You might find such a program easier to set up and might find that it lets
you do more than just print the notes.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
arasu

Try a dedicated program such as ndxCards ( www.ndxcards.com ). You can
take notes (printe the cards on pre-perforatted cards as well as
cheaper card stock that you can trim later). You can also use the
software to outline and prepare your research paper.