Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

Default smiley face won't appear using :). Help?

This is an AutoCorrect aption. Check Tools AutoCorrect Options, on the
AutoCorrect tab and see if it is listed among the items that are corrected.
If it is not there, add it.

Also check in Exceptions on the Other Corrections tab to see if it has been
accidentally added there. If so, delete it as an exception.

"Bill..." wrote:

I can get a smiley face using :-) but can't get one using . Anyone have
this problem. How is it corrected?