Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
EG

Default Pre-Printed Labels

I am trying to print individual addresses on an Avery 5264 label that has
PRE-PRINTED logo and return address information. The recipient's address
should print .75" in from the left of the label and 1.75" in from the top of
each one. I have gotten nowhere in an hour of trying. What I need to do is
tell Word where on each Avery 5264 to start printing but it doesn't seem to
want to do anything I tell it to do. NOTE: This is not really a merge issue.
I am NOT merging a data file. Just printing an individual label.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
EG

I was scratching my head a bit first with this. Essentially what you are
saying is that I don't really use the wizard to print the label. I use it to
format a document with the correct sizing for the label and pre-printed text,
lay my address in manually on the document in a space that hasn't been used
on the physical label, and print as I would any document. I guess if the
envelope wizard is side stepped you'll loose postal delivery coding (which is
a non issue for me).

Sounds workable if inelegent. Would be better if I could set my labels up
and use the full functionality of the label and envelope wizard.

Thanks though. I will use this approach.

Eric

EG wrote:
I am trying to print individual addresses on an Avery 5264 label that
has PRE-PRINTED logo and return address information. The recipient's
address should print .75" in from the left of the label and 1.75" in
from the top of each one. I have gotten nowhere in an hour of
trying. What I need to do is tell Word where on each Avery 5264 to
start printing but it doesn't seem to want to do anything I tell it
to do. NOTE: This is not really a merge issue. I am NOT merging a
data file. Just printing an individual label.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

You can still add a barcode field if there is space on the label for it.
The alternative which you have hinted at is to create a custom label format
based on 5264 that matches the available space you have for text. This will
be a bit fiddly to achieve, but will work. I would start by drawing a
'table' on a blank sheet of labels (or on a piece of thin paper laid over
the labels) with a pencil and ruler, then use the ruler to measure the
resulting 'labels'.

EG wrote:
I am trying to print individual addresses on an Avery 5264 label
that has PRE-PRINTED logo and return address information. The
recipient's address should print .75" in from the left of the label
and 1.75" in from the top of each one. I have gotten nowhere in an
hour of trying. What I need to do is tell Word where on each Avery
5264 to start printing but it doesn't seem to want to do anything I
tell it to do. NOTE: This is not really a merge issue. I am NOT
merging a data file. Just printing an individual label.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
EG

Thanks, Graham, I hope MS will figure out how to let people usefully adjust
the label size in the wizard so that printing a pre-printed label will be
easier. MSW is just about the perfect WP.

EG

EG wrote:
I am trying to print individual addresses on an Avery 5264 label
that has PRE-PRINTED logo and return address information. The
recipient's address should print .75" in from the left of the label
and 1.75" in from the top of each one. I have gotten nowhere in an
hour of trying. What I need to do is tell Word where on each Avery
5264 to start printing but it doesn't seem to want to do anything I
tell it to do. NOTE: This is not really a merge issue. I am NOT
merging a data file. Just printing an individual label.

Envelopes & Labels should allow one 2 change printer on fly VA-boy Microsoft Word Help 4 May 3rd 06 05:52 AM
Printing labels BrianH Mailmerge 1 December 17th 05 04:13 PM
Skips two labels when printing FrogMan69 Mailmerge 1 November 11th 05 07:47 AM
To create a blank page of labels showing on the screen in Word? new user of MS word Microsoft Word Help 1 August 30th 05 03:51 AM
Can UPC inventory labels be printed from a MS Office application? equipment inventory Microsoft Word Help 1 April 11th 05 06:25 PM