Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
abs abs is offline

Default Custom Label with Return Address

Using Word 2003 SP-2. We've had labels printed with our return address. I'm
trying to create a custom label in Word such that the recipient's address
will start approximately 1-1/2" from the top of the label and then about
1-1/4" from the left margin. The 5384 Name Badge is the right size, right
number of labels on the page, etc. I don't, however, want the recipient's
name and address to be centered top and bottom, but it to start where I want
it to. Does someone have instructions for this somewhere that I've not
found? As always, thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Start out with a full page of that size label and set your preferences on
one of them. Copy and page into the rest of the sheet.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"abs" wrote in message
Using Word 2003 SP-2. We've had labels printed with our return address.
I'm
trying to create a custom label in Word such that the recipient's address
will start approximately 1-1/2" from the top of the label and then about
1-1/4" from the left margin. The 5384 Name Badge is the right size, right
number of labels on the page, etc. I don't, however, want the recipient's
name and address to be centered top and bottom, but it to start where I
want
it to. Does someone have instructions for this somewhere that I've not
found? As always, thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Using the label wizard, you would have to change the margins and pitch to
create a false label that approximates to the text space you wish to use on
your labels.
Or
Using 5348 select the first line of text in the label Window and format the
paragraph to add space before. Then select all the text and format the
paragraphs to have a suitable indent.
Or
You can make a template using the method suggested by JoAnn, but you cannot
use that from the label wizard.