Ginty

Default Cross References Mess Up, Select All, Update Doesn't Work

When I reopen a document containing cross-references to headings on various
pages, the numbers all revert to the current page number. IE, something that
said See x on page 4 changes to See x on page 2. Something that said See y on
page 16 changes to See y on page 2. I can update the fields one by one by
pressing F9, and I can update selected sections of text by pressing F9, but
if I press Ctrl+A and then F9 nothing happens. And, having updated the
cross-references, when I reopen the document they revert to the number 2
again. I upgraded to Word 2003 today because my client was experiencing
these problems when I sent files edited in Word 2000. Now I experience the
same problem as my client. What to do? This appears to be an ongoing struggle
in versions of Word since XP.