Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bembee Bembee is offline

Default why is only my first mail merge record is selected

I have set up a Mailing labels mail merge document but when I merge, or use
the preview button it correctly loads the first entry line of my listing but
it loads this same one line into every label on the page instead of moving
down the list.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bembee Bembee is offline

Graham
Many thanks for the prompt response but since writing I have found an answer
although it may not be the best answer. I have put next record in front
of the field on every label and that seems to have resolved the problem.
But once again thanks for your interest.

Bembee wrote:
I have set up a Mailing labels mail merge document but when I merge,
or use the preview button it correctly loads the first entry line of
my listing but it loads this same one line into every label on the
page instead of moving down the list.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you complete a label merge either using all the steps of the wizard or by
using the merge toolbar, then you cannot avoid having the correctly placed
next record fields in your label merge document. The process inserts them.
If you have a next record field in front of *every* label. then you will
lose one record for every page of labels. There should be no next record
field in the first label.
Read the link!

- http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm