Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Fax Wizard

And which forum was I supposed to post my
question in if not this one?

No idea! I only mention the fact that we're not really about fax so that
people do not have high expectations. I, for one, rarely send faxes these
days.

How fast does a fax
normally go through successfully?

Off the top of my head, the modem probably takes about 30 seconds to a
minute to connect (assuming the other end has a suitable fax modem/machine
ready and waiting) and each page probably takes around 30 seconds.

I would suggest you enable Tools|Fax Monitor in the Fax console, and try to
get the Fax Consle to resend you fax /now/ and see what happens. Personally,
I like to enable the sound on my modem as that sometimes provides a clue as
to what is going on. There are certainly obvious possible reasons for
failure, e.g.:
- the number you dialled isn't a fax (you can dial it on a phone and at
least check that there is a fax or a modem)
- the number is a fax or faxmodem, but has been configured not to accept
incoming calls

Peter Jamieson

"familycircle" wrote in message
I'm using Windows 2000 and Word 2002. I'm faxing through a modem not the
internet. I did follow your Windows XP steps and Win2K leads me to a
"Faxes
sent" folder. It's empty! So I check the Fax Queue and double-click on
the
document. The properties window states the fax is "retrying". I'm
guessing
that means that fax is not going through anytime soon. How fast does a
fax
normally go through successfully? And which forum was I supposed to post
my
question in if not this one? Thanks.
--
Tony

"familycircle" wrote:

--
Tony

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

(BTW, this group is called microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields and
there
is no particular reason to expect that anyone here knows any more about
fax
than you do: for some reason Microsoft has put "Fax" in their group
title on
their web page)

Are you sending your faxes via the Internet or via a faxmodem? If the
latter, which version of Windows are you using? If it's Windows XP, try
looking at Start|All Programs|Accessories|Communications|Fax|Fax
Console|Outbox and Sent Items for further status info.

If you are sending via the Internet, you'll probably find some status
info.
in Outlook somewhere, or by goig to a status web page provided by your
fax
service provider.

Peter Jamieson

"familycircle" wrote in
message
How do I know if the fax that I sent through via the Fax Wizard went
through
successfully? I just sent in a fax and after clicking "Finish"
nothing
happened. I didn't get a message saying "Your fax went through
successfully"
or something like that. So how do I know if it went thru or not?
Also,
is
there a way that I can view any previous faxes I have sent?
--
Tony

I'm using Windows 2000 and Word 2002. I'm faxing through a modem not
the internet. Which forum was I supposed to post my question in if not
this one?