Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mscr8r

Default Make more detailed re field codes & switches in Word 2003's help

Step by step instructions for entering special switches within field codes
should be improved. Also, the present Word 2003 help erroneously states that
the special switch for making a fraction is a small letter f, when it is
actually a capital F. It took me a long time to figure out how to do it. I
was entering text within a fraction, so using Microsoft Equation 3.0 because
it doesn't allow you to enter spaces.
--
Amanda

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have created many fractions using the \f (lowercase) switch in the EQ
field. I think your error must have been something else. Microsoft Equation
3.0 does allow you to enter spaces; some are entered automatically (around
operators), some can be inserted using the buttons on the "Spaces and
ellipses" palette, and if you apply the Text style, you can type spaces
normally.

"mscr8r" wrote in message
Step by step instructions for entering special switches within field codes
should be improved. Also, the present Word 2003 help erroneously states

that
the special switch for making a fraction is a small letter f, when it is
actually a capital F. It took me a long time to figure out how to do it.

was entering text within a fraction, so using Microsoft Equation 3.0

because
it doesn't allow you to enter spaces.
--
Amanda