Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Aimee_55 Aimee_55 is offline

Default Merge Number format

When I merge from Excel into Word, number with two decimal places extend to 7
digits. How do I control that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The starting point is to use Alt-F9 to display your merge field codes and
where you have, for example,

{ MERGEFIELD mynumber }

type a "formatting switch" \#0.00

to give you

{ MERGEFIELD mynumber \#0.00 }

If there's a \*Mergeformat switch in there, leave it at the end of the
field.

Peter Jamieson
"Aimee_55" wrote in message
When I merge from Excel into Word, number with two decimal places extend
to 7
digits. How do I control that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

For this and all the other formatting issues you will encounter see