Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
afswa afswa is offline

Default Maximum fields for merging

Now that Excel 2007 can have more than 256 columns can Wrod 2007 increase the
number of fields that can be merged? Excel has useful entries in HELP - like
"Excel specifications & limits" - Word doesn't seem to have anything similar
and I can't seem to track down an answer.

If 256 is still the limit has anyone found a work around?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

As far as I know, 256 is still the limit, and you should contact Microsoft
directly on this point (The people in here are volunteers: I have mentioned
the problem to Microsoft and will do so again now, but I have no reason to
believe that they take any more notice of me than they do of you).

Peter Jamieson