Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
afswa afswa is offline

Default maximum number of fields allowed in a merge

Now that Excel can accommodate more than 256 columns is there a way of
constructiong a merge with more than 256 fields?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

This post is not a suggestion.

There may be some limitations imposed by the way in which Word connects to
an Excel spreadsheet that will limit the number of fields. I can't imagine
a mail merge requiring that many fields and I wouldn't spend the time
creating one with more that 256 fields just to find out. I understand
however, that if the data source is a .csv file, then there can be more that
256 fields. Given that, you could always save your Excel file in .csv
format if you really need to do this and you cannot use Excel directly.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP