Ady

Default Blank Field to have a phrase

Hi There

I am mail merging in word 2000 from an access mdb.

One of the fields is a fax number. The problem is that some of the fields in
the database that I am merging from have blanks where the fax number would
be. Therefore in my mail merge document I get blanks. Whenever there is a
blank I would like to insert the wording: "No Data On File"

I have looked at the help menu but whatever I try does not work!

Mail merge field is: «Fax_No»
When I toggle field code it shows the following: { MERGEFIELD Fax_No }

Help!!!

Many thanks in advance for any help offered.

Regards

Ady

Greg

Try:

{IF{ MERGEFIELD Fax_No } ""
"{ MERGEFIELD Fax_No }""No data on file"}

Ady

Hi Greg

I tried many versions of this but could not get it to show in my word
document. In the end I used the "Insert Word Field" button. This has an if
function on it. This resolved my problem.

Many thanks anyway!

Ady

ups.com...