Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Phillips Mike Phillips is offline

Default HOW DO i SET UP A PAGE LAYOUT FOR FILOFAX

I wish to set up a printing template for pages for a Personal Filofax-type
Organiser, so that I can PRINT pages [albeit onto an A4 sheet - then cut it
to size & hole it] rather than WRITE it [by hand].
Is there a quick way of doing this?
Mike Phillips
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Take a piece of paper from your organizer. Clip it to the top left hand
corner of the A4 paper and draw round it. Discard the organizer page and
measure the unwanted area. Add sufficient extra for holes and margins and
set the page margins to match. Choose the mirror margins option. Add some
text and format to taste. Check that it prints OK then delete the text. Save
as a template.

Mike Phillips wrote:
I wish to set up a printing template for pages for a Personal
Filofax-type Organiser, so that I can PRINT pages [albeit onto an A4
sheet - then cut it to size & hole it] rather than WRITE it [by hand].
Is there a quick way of doing this?
Mike Phillips

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

If the issue is just the handwriting aspect, I'd be tempted to find a label
that would fit on the page and enter the data on the label. Stick the label
on the page and you're done.

If the issue is buying FiloFax pages, it seems like you're wasting a lot of
paper is you start with an A4 sheet to do one entry. Maybe you could use
smaller stock instead.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Mike Phillips wrote:
I wish to set up a printing template for pages for a Personal
Filofax-type Organiser, so that I can PRINT pages [albeit onto an A4
sheet - then cut it to size & hole it] rather than WRITE it [by hand].
Is there a quick way of doing this?
Mike Phillips

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can buy filofax paper, two sheets to the page, but no Microsoft
software that I have found can print to that format. In fact the only
software I ever found that could print to it were an ancient DOS application
called Portex and the very annoying and expensive ClickBook. Progress? There
again I haven't opened my Filofax in years

Mike Phillips wrote:
I wish to set up a printing template for pages for a Personal
Filofax-type Organiser, so that I can PRINT pages [albeit onto an A4
sheet - then cut it to size & hole it] rather than WRITE it [by
hand]. Is there a quick way of doing this?
Mike Phillips

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I haven't used a paper organizer (outside of notes scrawled on whatever is
handy) in about 10 years. I kept forgetting to carry it with me. I'm a
little better now with computers and Outlook - but I still have a long way
to go.

--

Mike Phillips wrote:
I wish to set up a printing template for pages for a Personal
Filofax-type Organiser, so that I can PRINT pages [albeit onto an A4
sheet - then cut it to size & hole it] rather than WRITE it [by
hand]. Is there a quick way of doing this?
Mike Phillips

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I use a Day-Timer, but it is the wirebound kind, exclusively handwritten,
and I don't carry it with me anywhere except on trips. It stays on my desk
(but then I work at home, so it's with me pretty much all the time, anyway).