Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ahutyra ahutyra is offline

Default Mail Merge 2007 - One record per label page

I feel like an idiot, but I cannot get this to work!

I am trying to create membership cards using data from an excel spreadsheet.
I need one card for each record. However, everytime I try to complete the
merge, I end up with one page of cards for each record.
Yes, next record appears starting with the second card.

I am using Avery template 8371. I have a total of 154 records.
Each individual card contains 3 merge fields - name, title and membership #.

Can having a text box over the Next Record cause this issue?

I know it is probably something stupid that I missed, but any help would be
appreciated greatly!
Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What is the purpose of the text box? Try removing it.

Or, see the appropriate one of the following articles

"Mailmerge Labels with Word XP"

"Mail Merge with Word 2007"

http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ahutyra" wrote in message
news
I feel like an idiot, but I cannot get this to work!

I am trying to create membership cards using data from an excel
spreadsheet.
I need one card for each record. However, everytime I try to complete the
merge, I end up with one page of cards for each record.
Yes, next record appears starting with the second card.

I am using Avery template 8371. I have a total of 154 records.
Each individual card contains 3 merge fields - name, title and membership
#.

Can having a text box over the Next Record cause this issue?

I know it is probably something stupid that I missed, but any help would
be
appreciated greatly!
Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ahutyra ahutyra is offline

I have tried removing the text box and just typing directly onto the label, I
have tried moving all of the information down so next record is the only
text found in that line of the label.
It seems that the graphics and formatted text boxes I am using are somehow
creating the whole mess. If I do a mail merge from the same data using
nothing but the 3 fields, it works fine. I'll figure something out.
Thanks for your help.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

What is the purpose of the text box? Try removing it.

Or, see the appropriate one of the following articles

"Mailmerge Labels with Word XP"

"Mail Merge with Word 2007"

http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ahutyra" wrote in message
news
I feel like an idiot, but I cannot get this to work!

I am trying to create membership cards using data from an excel
spreadsheet.
I need one card for each record. However, everytime I try to complete the
merge, I end up with one page of cards for each record.
Yes, next record appears starting with the second card.

I am using Avery template 8371. I have a total of 154 records.
Each individual card contains 3 merge fields - name, title and membership
#.

Can having a text box over the Next Record cause this issue?

I know it is probably something stupid that I missed, but any help would
be
appreciated greatly!
Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

What is the purpose of the text box? Try removing it.

Or, see the appropriate one of the following articles

"Mailmerge Labels with Word XP"

"Mail Merge with Word 2007"

http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website.