Al H.

Default Mail merge multiple documents?

Can I mailmerge a Word document with more than one Excel spreadsheet?
--
Al H.
Peter Jamieson

Can you be more specific? Do you basically have a data source that is split
between two Excel documents, or what?

In most cases the simplest thing to do is either to have more than one merge
(e.g. attach your mail merge main document to excel file 1, save/close, copy
your mail merge main document and attach the copy to excel file 2, then do
two merges), or to combine your data sources manually before merging. There
are other possibilities, but they mostly require VBA.

Peter Jamieson
"Al H." wrote in message
Can I mailmerge a Word document with more than one Excel spreadsheet?
--
Al H.

Al H.

My primary data source is an Excel spreadsheet. Once a month I print a Word
document report for each record in the spreadsheet. I now have a need to
include data from a different Excel spreadsheet for many of the records. I'm
also wondering if perhaps I can just add a couple of fields to the primary
spreadsheet and write a vlookup formula to extract the data from the
secondary spreadsheet before I do the mailmerge.
--
Al H.

"Al H." wrote in message
Can I mailmerge a Word document with more than one Excel spreadsheet?
--
Al H.

Peter Jamieson

I'm
also wondering if perhaps I can just add a couple of fields to the primary
spreadsheet and write a vlookup formula to extract the data from the
secondary spreadsheet before I do the mailmerge.

That sounds like the best approach to me. In theory you can issue an SQL
query from a VBA OpenDataSource call in Word to get infomration from more
than one spreadsheet, but in practice it can be very hard to get it right.

Peter Jamieson