Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ringnecknuts ringnecknuts is offline

Default How do I add text to Word without it showing on hardcopy?

My boss is trying to set up a document where an Instruction is visible to all
Users, but it isn't meant to show on 'hardcopy' and we don't want to use
'hidden text'.

Any suggestions??

Regards Sal of Brisbane, Qld
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Another option would be to put the instruction text into a textbox in the
graphical layer, and to instruct Word not to include "drawings" created in
Word.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"ringnecknuts" wrote in message
My boss is trying to set up a document where an Instruction is visible to
all
Users, but it isn't meant to show on 'hardcopy' and we don't want to use
'hidden text'.

Any suggestions??

Regards Sal of Brisbane, Qld

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Another possibility is to use a pop-up message box on opening/creating the
document from macros in the document template (not normal.dot!) eg

Sub AutoNew()
Dim sMsg As String
Dim sVer As Integer
sMsg = "This is the user instruction"
sVer = Application.Version
If sVer 12 Then
Assistant.On = True
Set Balloon = Assistant.NewBalloon
With Balloon
.Text = sMsg
.Button = msoButtonSetOK
.Animation = msoAnimationBeginSpeaking
.Show
End With
Else
MsgBox sMsg
End If
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()

ringnecknuts wrote:
My boss is trying to set up a document where an Instruction is
visible to all Users, but it isn't meant to show on 'hardcopy' and we
don't want to use 'hidden text'.

Any suggestions??

Regards Sal of Brisbane, Qld

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Ringneck,

To see how to do this, check out my Date Calc 'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party
In particular, look at the item titled 'Show or hide instructions & graphics at print time'. Do read the document's introductory
material.

--
Cheers
macropod