Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Traci[_2_] Traci[_2_] is offline

Default How can I modify an existing TOC page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not clear what you're asking.

TOCs usually are generated using a field code. Hence, if you edit it
directly, your edits will disappear the next time the field code is updated.
The preferred method for modifying a TOC is a) modify the TOC1 through TOC9
styles or b) modify the associated headings in the document and the update
the TOC field.

Alternatively, if you're sure the TOC will not need to be updated again
(page numbers correct & all that), you can convert the TOC field into actual
text by clicking on it and pressing Ctrl+Shift+F9. Once done, you can do
anything you want to it... except automatically update it, that is.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible