Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nosirrah nosirrah is offline

Default "Son-of-Binder"- allowing subdocuments to keep their format

I want to make up a document in Word 2003 (or 2007) comprising subdocuments .
If I use 'Masterdocument' or cut and paste processes, the subdocuments lose
their (differing) outline numbering formats, which is unacceptable. I used
to be able to do this satisfactorily with no threat to the individual formats
in Word 97 using Binder. What do I use now, please?

Phil Harrison
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Combine .pdf files.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

.
If I use 'Masterdocument' or cut and paste processes, the subdocuments
lose
their (differing) outline numbering formats, which is unacceptable. I
used
to be able to do this satisfactorily with no threat to the individual
formats
in Word 97 using Binder. What do I use now, please?

Phil Harrison

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nosirrah nosirrah is offline

Thanks JoAnn. Could you expand "combine" briefly please? Save subdocs as
..pdfs and then.... ?? Embed as file objects in a Word Document ?? [will it
subsequently print them when asked??] Or do I have to use (=buy!) Publisher,
which I don't have?
TIA

Phil Harrison

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Combine .pdf files.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"nosirrah" wrote in message
I want to make up a document in Word 2003 (or 2007) comprising subdocuments
.
If I use 'Masterdocument' or cut and paste processes, the subdocuments
lose
their (differing) outline numbering formats, which is unacceptable. I
used
to be able to do this satisfactorily with no threat to the individual
formats
in Word 97 using Binder. What do I use now, please?

Phil Harrison

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Create a PDF from each separate file. Then in Acrobat, PrimoPDF, or whatever
app you're using to create the PDFs, combine them into a single PDF. I don't
know about the others, but Acrobat makes this extremely easy and intuitive
(by which I mean that I, who rarely use Acrobat other than to click the
button in Word, was able to immediately figure out how to do it).

"nosirrah" wrote in message
Thanks JoAnn. Could you expand "combine" briefly please? Save subdocs as
.pdfs and then.... ?? Embed as file objects in a Word Document ?? [will
it
subsequently print them when asked??] Or do I have to use (=buy!)
Publisher,
which I don't have?
TIA

Phil Harrison

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Combine .pdf files.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"nosirrah" wrote in message
I want to make up a document in Word 2003 (or 2007) comprising
subdocuments
.
If I use 'Masterdocument' or cut and paste processes, the subdocuments
lose
their (differing) outline numbering formats, which is unacceptable. I
used
to be able to do this satisfactorily with no threat to the individual
formats
in Word 97 using Binder. What do I use now, please?

Phil Harrison

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

PrimoPDF does it a bit differently but it's free and you gotta like that
part.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"nosirrah" wrote in message
Thanks JoAnn. Could you expand "combine" briefly please? Save subdocs as
.pdfs and then.... ?? Embed as file objects in a Word Document ??
[will it
subsequently print them when asked??] Or do I have to use (=buy!)
Publisher,
which I don't have?
TIA

Phil Harrison