Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RLM RLM is offline

Default Envelopes and Labels buttons

I have just installed Word 2007 in addition to Word XP and am having trouble
creating envelopes and labels. When I click on either the Envelopes button
or the Labels button, a dialog box called Envelope Options appears and a
blank envelope shows on the main screen. The dialog box has size and font
choices, but no places to type in addresses. The help menu indicates that a
different dialog box (with spaces for addresses) is supposed to appear. I
could type in the return and mailing addresses on the envelope every time,
but that's not Word is supposed to work. How do I make the other box appear?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

"RLM" wrote in message
I have just installed Word 2007 in addition to Word XP and am having
trouble
creating envelopes and labels. When I click on either the Envelopes
button
or the Labels button, a dialog box called Envelope Options appears and a
blank envelope shows on the main screen. The dialog box has size and font
choices, but no places to type in addresses. The help menu indicates that
different dialog box (with spaces for addresses) is supposed to appear. I
could type in the return and mailing addresses on the envelope every time,
but that's not Word is supposed to work. How do I make the other box
appear?

Does the correct dialog box appear if you start Word in Safe Mode? Exit Word
and hold the Ctrl key while starting Word. Keep holding Ctrl until you are
prompted to start in Safe Mode.
--
Beth Melton

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

Envelopes and labels Steve[_13_] New Users 5 March 22nd 08 09:03 PM
Envelopes and Labels Ron Microsoft Word Help 5 December 11th 06 11:26 PM
Envelopes and Labels Francis Cunningham, Jr. Microsoft Word Help 1 May 8th 06 08:57 PM
Envelopes and Labels MS User Tables 2 August 1st 05 05:04 PM
labels %26 envelopes rogerl New Users 5 February 28th 05 09:59 PM