Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jason[_5_] Jason[_5_] is offline

Default Picture boxes and company logo disappear from document (Word 2007)

Hi,

I have a template I use often and rename as and when needed. The template
has suddenly gone weird; the company logo has disappeared, which was in a box
at the top of the whole docuent (which is 3 pages long), there are 3
rectangle boxes for inserting pictures which have gone, and there are check
boxes which now show like this {FORMCHECKBOX}. This is when editing the
document. When viewing it in full screen reading, everything goes back to
normal, but I obviously can't edit the document. Can anyone advise me of what
I may have done to cause this to happen, and how to amend it?

Thank you
Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jason[_5_] Jason[_5_] is offline

"Jason" wrote:

Hi,

I have a template I use often and rename as and when needed. The template
has suddenly gone weird; the company logo has disappeared, which was in a box
at the top of the whole docuent (which is 3 pages long), there are 3
rectangle boxes for inserting pictures which have gone, and there are check
boxes which now show like this {FORMCHECKBOX}. This is when editing the
document. When viewing it in full screen reading, everything goes back to
normal, but I obviously can't edit the document. Can anyone advise me of what
I may have done to cause this to happen, and how to amend it?

Thank you
Jason

PS, I should state the original document is from Word 2003 and I use it in
compatibility mode. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 14:13:10 -0700, Jason wrote:

Hi,

I have a template I use often and rename as and when needed. The template
has suddenly gone weird; the company logo has disappeared, which was in a box
at the top of the whole docuent (which is 3 pages long), there are 3
rectangle boxes for inserting pictures which have gone, and there are check
boxes which now show like this {FORMCHECKBOX}. This is when editing the
document. When viewing it in full screen reading, everything goes back to
normal, but I obviously can't edit the document. Can anyone advise me of what
I may have done to cause this to happen, and how to amend it?

Thank you
Jason

Press Alt+F9 to toggle from field codes (what you see now) to field results.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

[...]

Hi, thanks for the response. That has fixed the check box issue. Any ideas
on the other two issues? Even when I'm emailed the template afresh, when I
open it, it appears as stated above. I must have altered a setting or
something and I don't know what it was. Thanks again for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 14:55:00 -0700, Jason wrote:

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

[...]

In Tools Options View, make sure "Drawings" is checked and "Picture
placeholders" is unchecked.

If you have Word 2007, go to Office button Word Options Display and check
"Print drawings created in Word"; on the Advanced tab, under "Show document
content", uncheck "Show picture placeholders".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jason[_5_] Jason[_5_] is offline

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

[...]

Thanks for your help, it has worked, I appreciate it.