Parisa

Default Paragraph of info to appear on the first page of the merge only

I was wondering if someone out there might have an answer for this. I have a
word document linked up to an Access database query for a merge. I want a
paragraph of information to appear on the first page of the merge (this
paragraph has a few fields from the query in it too), but not every page of
the merge. It should just appear on page one. The rest of the document will
be a list of people from the query. I'm thinking this should work something
like a group header from an Access report. I'd do it as an Access report in
fact, but the people around here like to email out Word documents, not RTF
documents derrived from an Access report.

Doug Robbins

An Access report is really the way to do it. Word does not really have the
ability to perform a "multiple items per condition (=key field)" mailmerge.
See the "Multiple items per condition" item under the "Special merges"
section of fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.