Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mbanova mbanova is offline

Default Create shortcut to desktop?

Recently installed office 2007 and I do not see an icon anywhere to be found.

Tried...startprogramsms office 2007 NO ICON

How do I find this icon because I am certain it is installed?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can right-click the desktop and create a shortcut. Browse for the
winword.exe executable.

If something seems to be wrong with the Word (Office) installation, run
setup again, and choose to do a repair.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mbanova" wrote:

Recently installed office 2007 and I do not see an icon anywhere to be found.

Tried...startprogramsms office 2007 NO ICON

How do I find this icon because I am certain it is installed?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MadMax MadMax is offline

I have a similar problem, except after installation of MS Office 2007, I
don't even have MS Office listed in the Startup Menu or "All' Programs" list.
If I use a Google Desktop search for each of the Program's executable files,
they seem to work OK, but I shouldn't have to do that. I ran the MS Office
Install again and selected the "Repair" Option, as Stefan suggested. After an
hour and 70% complete on the progress bar, it gave me a pop-up box that said,
"Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has encountered a problem and needs to close."

If I buy any other product that is defective, I can return it for a refund.
When one gets defective software, especially downloaded software, you are
stuck with it. I am going to dispute the charge on my credit card if I can't
get this resolved. Thus far, I have over 5 hours in the uninstall of Office
2003, install of Office 2007, searching for the Office Folder/Icons and the
failed Installation Repair.