Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pen Gwynn

Default How do I find a corrupted table in a document?

I have a document that someone else created. When I open it, I get the
following message:
"A table in this document has become corrupted. To recover the contents of
the table: select the table and choose Convert Table to Text from the Table
Menu. [OK]"
The document has over 20 tables. How do I identify the corrupted table? I
don't want to convert all the tables in order to correct a single corrupted
one.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Working with a copy of the file, delete half of it, save and then re-open.
If the problem persists, repeat the process, and keep doing so until there
is only one table in what's left of the original document. If the first
half delete eliminated the problem, the start afresh with another copy of
the document, but this time delete the other half, etc.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP