vicsel vicsel is offline
Junior Member

Question ms word 2007 Headers/footers

I have formatted a section of my document to have odd/even headers, with title on odd and author on even.
Unfortunately although the headers worked perfectly al the even page numbers in my footers dissapeared. what can I do to rectify this? Advice gratefully accpted.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Default ms word 2007 Headers/footers

Hi,

I have formatted a section of my document to have
odd/even headers, with title on odd and author on even.

Odd/even headers is always applied to the *whole* document. It is not
possible to choose the format for *one* section.
Only "Different first page" can be applied to a single section.

Unfortunately although the headers worked perfectly
al the even page numbers in my footers dissapeared.

So you have to insert the PAGE field into the footer of even pages,
too.

--
Cheers,
Lisa [MS MVP Word]

vicsel vicsel is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Wilke-Thissen View Post
Hi,

I have formatted a section of my document to have
odd/even headers, with title on odd and author on even.

Odd/even headers is always applied to the *whole* document. It is not
possible to choose the format for *one* section.
Only "Different first page" can be applied to a single section.

Unfortunately although the headers worked perfectly
al the even page numbers in my footers dissapeared.

So you have to insert the PAGE field into the footer of even pages,
too.

--
Cheers,
Lisa [MS MVP Word]
Thanks Lisa,
You have saved me beating myself up. I can now proceed in a different manner.
Cheers.
Vicsel
vicsel vicsel is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Thanks Lisa,
You have saved me beating myself up. I can now proceed in a different manner, having previously read posts in another place that suggested this could be done.
I will definitely use this forum for future queries.
Cheers.
Vicsel[/