Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
poetry template poetry template is offline

Default looking for poetry book template

does anyone have a template for a poetry book...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have typeset a book of poetry, and the primary advice I would offer is to
create specific styles for your poem titles and verse and use them
consistently.

Assuming that your poems have more than one stanza, give the verse style
some Space After and use line breaks within each stanza.

Do not center-align the style; instead, use a left indent to center the
left-aligned text visually on the average line length. Unless your poems are
more consistent than most, you'll probably have to adjust this manually
(using the left indent slider on the ruler) for each poem; there's just no
way to create a single style that will work for all, and it would be even
more ridiculous to try to create as many styles as you need for the
individual variations, though you might get by with two or three.

If your poems are long enough that you want to start each one on a new page,
format the title style as "Page break before."

Unless your poems are quite long, Author and Book Title are probably the
best choices for your running heads, if any (the poem title could change
practically every page, might omit some titles, and might not offer any more
information than the reader could get by looking at the page). In fact, in
the book I typeset, I omitted running heads entirely because there was a
poem title at the top of every page, and it would have been confusing and
busy to have running heads. I just had a page number at the bottom
(centered).

"poetry template" poetry template @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in
message ...
does anyone have a template for a poetry book...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What do all poetry books have in common that could be distilled into a
template?

On Nov 29, 12:49*pm, poetry template poetry template
@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:
does anyone have a template for a poetry book...

franl155 franl155 is offline
Junior Member

I've been trying to find out what margins to set on A5 poetry book; header, footer, the basic page setup. it's amazing how hard it's been for me to find this simple information. Once I know how much space I'll have on each page for the actual content, there'll be no problems. Well, one fewer problem, anyway.