Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gayle B. Gayle B. is offline

Default page layout

How do i set it so that when I'm working in a document I can see how close I
am to the bottom margin. I used to be able to look at the bottom of the
screen and see that I was at 6.9", 8.0", 9.1", etc. Now there is only the
word count at the bottom. How do I activate this function. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Right-click the status bar (the area at the bottom that you mentioned) and
choose Vertical Page Position (and any other items you want from that menu).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Gayle B. wrote:
How do i set it so that when I'm working in a document I can see how
close I am to the bottom margin. I used to be able to look at the
bottom of the screen and see that I was at 6.9", 8.0", 9.1", etc.
Now there is only the word count at the bottom. How do I activate
this function. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Don't feel stupid! It certainly isn't obvious that it is customizable, and
as near as I can tell, there's nothing in the Help to tell you. In general,
though, it can be useful to right-click everything in sight, just to see
what happens.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Right-click the status bar (the area at the bottom that you
mentioned) and choose Vertical Page Position (and any other items
you want from that menu).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman