Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bucky3 bucky3 is offline

Default full screen reading - even numbered page on left side

In Word 2007, when I use full screen reading with 2 page view, it
always show the odd numbered pages on the left side and even numbered
pages on the right side. Is there a way to advance 1 page so that the
even numbered pages are on the left side? I need to be able to see 2
page view, but I also need to be able to arbitrarily change which page
to show on the left.

I used to be able to do this with Word 2003's reading view. I think if
I used the right arrow, it would only advance 1 page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I do not see this behavior in Reading Layout view in Word 2003; the odd page
is always on the left, and you have to click Next Page twice to get to the
next pair of pages. You can, however, see facing pages in Print Preview (in
both Word 2003 and Word 2007) provided you have enabled "Mirror margins"
and/or "Different odd and even" headers and footers.

http://word.mvps.org

"bucky3" wrote in message
In Word 2007, when I use full screen reading with 2 page view, it
always show the odd numbered pages on the left side and even numbered
pages on the right side. Is there a way to advance 1 page so that the
even numbered pages are on the left side? I need to be able to see 2
page view, but I also need to be able to arbitrarily change which page
to show on the left.

I used to be able to do this with Word 2003's reading view. I think if
I used the right arrow, it would only advance 1 page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The even numbered pages can never be on the right of a two-page
spread. If you want what are now odd pages to be temporarily numbered
as even pages, you can number the first page 0.

On Sep 6, 4:53*pm, bucky3 wrote:
In Word 2007, when I use full screen reading with 2 page view, it
always show the odd numbered pages on the left side and even numbered
pages on the right side. Is there a way to advance 1 page so that the
even numbered pages are on the left side? I need to be able to see 2
page view, but I also need to be able to arbitrarily change which page
to show on the left.

I used to be able to do this with Word 2003's reading view. I think if
I used the right arrow, it would only advance 1 page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bucky3 bucky3 is offline

On Sep 6, 9:11*pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
The even numbered pages can never be on the right of a two-page
spread. If you want what are now odd pages to be temporarily numbered
as even pages, you can number the first page 0.

I think you meant "even numbered pages can never be on the LEFT of a
two-page spread". Too bad. I'm pretty sure I was able to do this in
Word 2003 with the keyboard shortcut.

That solution is not ideal because what I do is page down in reading
layout, then when I need to, I want to put a page on the left side
(without changing the numbering).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Sep 7, 3:37*am, bucky3 wrote:
On Sep 6, 9:11*pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

The even numbered pages can never be on the right of a two-page
spread. If you want what are now odd pages to be temporarily numbered
as even pages, you can number the first page 0.

I think you meant "even numbered pages can never be on the LEFT of a
two-page spread". Too bad. I'm pretty sure I was able to do this in
Word 2003 with the keyboard shortcut.

No, even numbers can never be on the right-hand side. Open any book at
all.

That solution is not ideal because what I do is page down in reading
layout, then when I need to, I want to put a page on the left side
(without changing the numbering).

Then you need to insert a blank (but numbered) page ahead of it and
let the numbering change. An odd-numbered page can never appear on the
left side of a spread.

Unless you're talking about one-sided printing, in which case the
entire left-right business is moot.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You're confusing reality with Word's display. "bucky3" is describing the
display in Full Screen Reading view, which in fact does not show "pages" at
all, but merely "screens" numbered from 1 even if the pagination starts at
zero (it is not WYSIWYG, either). This is immutable.

It is, however, possible to see a facing-pages spread in Print Preview by
enabling either "Mirror margins" or "Different odd and even."

http://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
On Sep 7, 3:37 am, bucky3 wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I opened Full Screen Reading view once after reading about it here for
months, and found it utterly useless!

But if it isn't even displaying pages, then bucky3's question is
equally moot.

On Sep 7, 9:00*am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
You're confusing reality with Word's display. "bucky3" is describing the
display in Full Screen Reading view, which in fact does not show "pages" at
all, but merely "screens" numbered from 1 even if the pagination starts at
zero (it is not WYSIWYG, either). This is immutable.

It is, however, possible to see a facing-pages spread in Print Preview by
enabling either "Mirror margins" or "Different odd and even."

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in ...
On Sep 7, 3:37 am, bucky3 wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bucky3 bucky3 is offline

On Sep 7, 5:00*am, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
No, even numbers can never be on the right-hand side. Open any book at all.

That is not true. I created a new Word 2007 doc with 3 pages. Then I
did Print Preview. It displays page 1 on the left side and page 2 on
the right. Are you talking about printing? I'm just talking about Full
Screen Reading or Print Preview.

See my screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/xGQMX.png

On the other hand, if I set Margins to Mirrored, as Suzanne said,
Print Preview then displays odd pages on the right, even on the left.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Sep 8, 4:22*am, bucky3 wrote:
On Sep 7, 5:00*am, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

No, even numbers can never be on the right-hand side. Open any book at all.

That is not true. I created a new Word 2007 doc with 3 pages. Then I
did Print Preview. It displays page 1 on the left side and page 2 on
the right. Are you talking about printing? I'm just talking about Full
Screen Reading or Print Preview.

Of course I'm talking about real books!

See my screenshot:http://i.imgur.com/xGQMX.png

On the other hand, if I set Margins to Mirrored, as Suzanne said,
Print Preview then displays odd pages on the right, even on the left.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] blubadger@gmail.com is offline

In case anyone is still looking for a solution to this, if you want to skip one page at a time just use CTRL+RIGHT ARROW. Use RIGHT ARROW on it's own to skip two pages at a time from there.
Doesn't seem like many people understand the question...