Wendy

Default Changing format of multiple pre-created tables

Hi all,

I have a Word document which is created by another program (Mercury
TestDirector), which inserts a selection of fields from the program into a
portrait table structure, and in each document, there can be a LOT of tables
(all in the same format).

The problem is that these tables need all be reformatted for length of
columns (made wider), have the first row marked as header row, and turn off
the ability to extend rows across page breaks.

There is no way that I am aware of to access the document template that
Mercury TestDirector is using to create the tables in the first place.

While I can fix this up on a 20 page doc in about 20 mins, yesterday, my doc
length was a completed 395 pages of tables, and I was going dizzy fixing
hundreds of tables up to this format.

My question: Is there a simpler way to change all of these settings on all
tables in a document, rather than one at a time, than what I'm doing now,
especially when I can't access the original template to change it?? If so,
how, please?

TIA,

--
Wendy
Anne Troy

Hi, Wendy. Record a macro that fixes ONE table. Come back and post in the
VBA newsgroup, requesting someone to alter your code to do it for all tables
in a document. For now, record the following:
--Edit, Go to, Table, NEXT.
--Table, Select, Table
--Table, Properties, 100% width (column)
--Down arrow key
Put a toolbar button on your toolbar. At least you can then just keep
running the macro, hitting the button 20 times for 20 tables. Lots
easier...for now.
Reference:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...osoft_word.htm
Anne Troy