John Gregory

Default Line Height Adjustments

I copy and paste a lot of data from websites and place them in several WORD
documents. Invariably, I end up with some items appearing double space which
turn out to be - when I shade them with the cursor - one broad line despite
the fact the type is the same size as the majority single spaced lines. Try
as I may, I can't find a quick way to decrease the height and it's getting
frustrating. Can someone please tell me what term I use to describe this
seemingly tall line (it's often a headline or section head of an article)
and how to I cut it down to size quickly?

Jay Freedman

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 19:37:49 -0600, "John Gregory"
wrote:

I copy and paste a lot of data from websites and place them in several WORD
documents. Invariably, I end up with some items appearing double space which
turn out to be - when I shade them with the cursor - one broad line despite
the fact the type is the same size as the majority single spaced lines. Try
as I may, I can't find a quick way to decrease the height and it's getting
frustrating. Can someone please tell me what term I use to describe this
seemingly tall line (it's often a headline or section head of an article)
and how to I cut it down to size quickly?

The text may have multiple line spacing, or it may have a setting of
Space Before or Space After (all of these things are settable in the
Format Paragraph dialog). In any case, the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Q
will remove any direct paragraph formatting -- that is, formatting
that isn't part of the definition of the style for that paragraph.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman