change document to its default setting

Default How to change documents back to their default settings?

I open my word documents and discovered that they all lost their default
settings. All the tables I had created in word and font settings all went
away and everything is now in text format. How do I return everything to its
original settings/format?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y2hhbmdlIGRvY3VtZW50IHRvIGl0cyBkZWZhdWx0IHNldH Rpbmc=?=,

I open my word documents and discovered that they all lost their default
settings. All the tables I had created in word and font settings all went
away and everything is now in text format. How do I return everything to its
original settings/format?

In the File/Open dialog box, check what's selected from the drop down list at
the bottom of the dialog box. It sounds as if you may have "Recover text from
any document" selected instead of Word document *.doc.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)