Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheer Coach Cheer Coach is offline

Default how to change constants in a word document with drop downs

A former employee created a word document that uses drop downs to supply
variable information. We need to change the constant information on the form
and do not know how the form was created. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you press the F1 key to access Word Help, and search for dropdown
box, you might find instructions similar to
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...862611033.aspx .

Cheer Coach wrote:

A former employee created a word document that uses drop downs to supply
variable information. We need to change the constant information on the form
and do not know how the form was created. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gotta question gotta question is offline

If you double-click on the drop-down field to show the list of options in the
box, either add a new one that you want to be the default, or select it from
the list. Then highlight that option (in the list), and click on the 'move
up' button until it gets to the top. (The option at the very top of the list
will always show first, that's why I always add a 'space' first, so nothing
shows up by default.)

Hope that helped!