Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Add-In woes in Word 07

Have you tried placing it in the Word\Startup folder? Templates in this
folder will automatically load when Word starts. To locate your Word/Startup
folder, copy the following and paste it in the Address bar in an Exploring
window, such as My Computer:
%appdata%\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

"Tom Smith" tomDOTsmith68AT@verizonDOTnet wrote in message
Word 2007 under Win XP.

I have the following problem trying to get a Brother add-in, P-Touch 4.1,
to be permanently added to Word 2007.

I seem to follow the procedure, get to the Add-in page, check the P-touch
button, and have even (as far as I can tell) tried to tell Word that I
want it attached to Normal.dotm. The add-in is listed in Word as a .dot
file. This will bring up the add-in during a current session, but when
next I open Word the add-in is gone and I have to start all over.

I have steered Word, at some point during the process, to the folder where
the add-in is located, but that doesn't seem to get me over the hump. I
even copied the add-in to the Templates file; no better.

The Brother people claim that the version of the add-in I have should work
in Word 2007.

I did write once before about this, and got some responses, which I
followed as well as I could. But still no success. I assume I'm missing a
step somewhere.

Any advice? Thx.

Tom

Corruption woes after update from Word 2002 to 2003 Teresa Microsoft Word Help 7 March 15th 08 03:40 PM
margin woes Kim K Microsoft Word Help 1 December 20th 06 08:00 PM
PROBLEM: copying & pasting formatted text & pictures into Word... .woes :S KevinGPO New Users 1 March 2nd 06 01:25 PM
Font Woes - Problems with the Language Bar and Word 2003 Jay B Microsoft Word Help 1 November 15th 05 06:06 PM
Table woes Island Girl New Users 2 July 28th 05 07:49 PM