Littlecat

Default How to print envelopes in Color?

I use Office XP 2002. I can print a letter, using Word, in color, but when I
print an envelope for that letter, I can only print in black. I know that at
one time I could print an envelope in color...but I can't find how to do that
now. Thanks for any help.

The Envelope Address and Envelope Return styles by default use Automatic
(black) font color, but you can select the address in the Envelopes dialog,
right-click, choose Format | Font, and select a different color. You can
also do this through the Envelope Options (the Font... button), and you can
set the font color for the return address only in this way.

"Littlecat" wrote in message
I use Office XP 2002. I can print a letter, using Word, in color, but

when I
print an envelope for that letter, I can only print in black. I know that

at
one time I could print an envelope in color...but I can't find how to do

that
now. Thanks for any help.

littlecat

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The Envelope Address and Envelope Return styles by default use Automatic
(black) font color, but you can select the address in the Envelopes dialog,
right-click, choose Format | Font, and select a different color. You can
also do this through the Envelope Options (the Font... button), and you can
set the font color for the return address only in this way.

Thanks Suzanne....but I cannot find the Format/font or the Envelopes dialog,
so I cannot "Right-click". After I finish my letter in Word, I then click on
"Tools" and choose "Letters-Mailings" and then "Envelopes-Labels". After I
get there, I right-click on everything, but nothing happens. How do I find
an Envelope Dialog box???
Thanks so much for your help!
"Littlecat" wrote in message
I use Office XP 2002. I can print a letter, using Word, in color, but

when I
print an envelope for that letter, I can only print in black. I know that

at
one time I could print an envelope in color...but I can't find how to do

that
now. Thanks for any help.

On the Envelopes tab of Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and Labels,
click the Options... button. The font settings are on the Envelope Options
tab.

But you should be able to select the address in the text box of the Envelope
tab and right-click to get the Font command.

"littlecat" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The Envelope Address and Envelope Return styles by default use Automatic
(black) font color, but you can select the address in the Envelopes

dialog,
right-click, choose Format | Font, and select a different color. You can
also do this through the Envelope Options (the Font... button), and you

can
set the font color for the return address only in this way.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Littlecat" wrote in message
I use Office XP 2002. I can print a letter, using Word, in color, but

when I
print an envelope for that letter, I can only print in black. I know

that
at
one time I could print an envelope in color...but I can't find how to

do
that
now. Thanks for any help.

littlecat

"Littlecat" wrote in message
I use Office XP 2002. I can print a letter, using Word, in color, but
when I
print an envelope for that letter, I can only print in black. I know

that
at
one time I could print an envelope in color...but I can't find how to

do
that
now. Thanks for any help.

Suzanne....Now I get it!!! I finally see what you mean...and it worked. Thanks so much for the help. This is a wonderful site!