Kevin L

Default Remove Rows from a Table after merging

Hi Cindy,
The datarow from the merge isn't the problem.
The problem is that I want to display the results of the merge in a table.
Since I cannot add (or delete) Table rows dynamically to match the merge
(that I know of), I am stuck with having a fixed set of Table Rows. Which
means that I will have blanks rows when there is not enough data from the
merge to fill them all.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi Kevin,

No, there's nothing in Word that would do this. But why not FILTER the
data so
that the data row simply isn't processed by the merge?

I have a table in a word document that contains merge fields. If the
merge
fields contain no data in them, they do not print.
I would like to apply the same functionality to the table itself by
eliminating the table row.

Is there a way to remove a row from a table if the cells in the row
contain
no data?

I am using Visual Basic .NET to open the Word Document, perform the merge
action and print the merged documents.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Kevin,

The datarow from the merge isn't the problem.
The problem is that I want to display the results of the merge in a table.
Since I cannot add (or delete) Table rows dynamically to match the merge
(that I know of), I am stuck with having a fixed set of Table Rows. Which
means that I will have blanks rows when there is not enough data from the
merge to fill them all.

Set up a single table row and insert the merge fields. Nothing else in the
document.

Set the main merge document type as DIRECTORY. Now execute the merge to a new
document. You'll get a table row for each record