Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sadolphson sadolphson is offline

Default Shift+Tab doesn't go to the previous bullet

When I hit Shift+Tab in a bulleted list, it doesn't return to the previous
bullet style.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't recall that Shift+Tab ever did that... try using the
Backspace key instead. Also:

In Word 97 and 2000, click on Tools | Options | Edit tab | check
the "Tabs and backspace set left indent" box | OK.

In Word 2002 and 2003, click on Tools | AutoCorrect Options |
AutoFormat As You Type tab | check the "Set left- and
first-indent with tabs and backspaces" box | OK.

sadolphson wrote:

When I hit Shift+Tab in a bulleted list, it doesn't return to the previous
bullet style.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Shift+Tab is what I use to promote levels in an outline-numbered list. I
don't think Backspace works for me.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

sadolphson wrote:

When I hit Shift+Tab in a bulleted list, it doesn't return to the

previous
bullet style.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Alt + Shift + arrows will promote and demote items in a bulleted list.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"sadolphson" wrote:

When I hit Shift+Tab in a bulleted list, it doesn't return to the previous
bullet style.

Bullet / Number are separated from its text on column break Anna Kezer Page Layout 7 July 25th 06 12:46 PM
Tab and Shift Tab no longer work to move bullet and outline levels jmf9u Microsoft Word Help 1 February 18th 06 05:14 PM
Bullet problem when trying to indent a bullet Kat Page Layout 1 February 8th 06 03:05 AM
International Keyboard mike New Users 2 January 23rd 06 12:41 AM
Can it be done: bullet points HALF-WAY through a line?? Simon Microsoft Word Help 4 February 16th 05 03:24 AM