Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mkoeng4 mkoeng4 is offline

Default Can I automate, or write a macro for this?

Can some one help me automate a process or write a macro to do multiple steps
that I repeat several times a day in Microsoft Word? I receive reports (Word
docs) that I edit and save and then forward by email to the final recipient.
There are about 6 different recipients that may receive these. Here are the
steps I do every time after I have finished reviewing/editing the report:
1."Save As". I save it with the default name it had when it was sent to me
but I need to save it to separate folder, depending on which final recipient
I will be sending it to.
2. "Quick Print". I print out a copy to archive also.
3. "Send to Email Recipient"

I have no experience with macros. I read a little about them and watched a
few MS tutorial videos. However, my initial attempts weren't successful.
Ideally, once I am done with the document, I would click on one icon that
would do the above steps. Specifically, if that document is going the
Recipient A, I select the "Send to A" button/icon and it saves it to "Reports
for A" folder (maintaining the original file name), prints it, and then
emails it to A. If it is for recipient B, I click on icon "Send to

I am using Word 2007 (Office Professional 2007) with Windows XP.

Thank you very much,

Marc