Hawk76

Default can i change default envelope printer in Word?

I print a lot of envelopes. I have numerous Word files, each with just a
three line address. When I want an envelope I open a Word file, select the
address and click the envelope icon in the Task bar. I have a printer
specifically load with envelopes and that is all I use it for. I have that
envelope printer designated as the default so that Word will print envelopes
to it. If I print a different Word document to my laser printer Word changes
the default printer to the laser and I have to close and reopen Word to get
the envelope feature to print to the Windows default/envelope printer. This
is a pain and I often inadvertently print an address to a 8.5 x 11 blank
piece of paper on the laser printer. Is there any solution? Thanks
Anne Troy

Why don't you create yourself an envelope template instead?
http://www.theofficeexperts.com/word...s&LabelsTricks
If you do this often, you might want to create a special print button for
printing envelopes. Record a macro that prints an envelope to the
appropriate printing tray, and then changes back to your default printer.
See:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Hawk76" wrote in message
I print a lot of envelopes. I have numerous Word files, each with just a
three line address. When I want an envelope I open a Word file, select the
address and click the envelope icon in the Task bar. I have a printer
specifically load with envelopes and that is all I use it for. I have that
envelope printer designated as the default so that Word will print
envelopes
to it. If I print a different Word document to my laser printer Word
changes
the default printer to the laser and I have to close and reopen Word to
get
the envelope feature to print to the Windows default/envelope printer.
This
is a pain and I often inadvertently print an address to a 8.5 x 11 blank
piece of paper on the laser printer. Is there any solution? Thanks

Graham Mayor

You can't do this from the envelope tool in Word, but if you use an envelope
template, it is quite simple (there are sample templates for download from
my web site). You then use the method suggested at
http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm to direct the output to your
envelope printer.

Hawk76 wrote:
I print a lot of envelopes. I have numerous Word files, each with
just a three line address. When I want an envelope I open a Word
file, select the address and click the envelope icon in the Task bar.
I have a printer specifically load with envelopes and that is all I
use it for. I have that envelope printer designated as the default so
that Word will print envelopes to it. If I print a different Word
document to my laser printer Word changes the default printer to the
laser and I have to close and reopen Word to get the envelope feature
to print to the Windows default/envelope printer. This is a pain and
I often inadvertently print an address to a 8.5 x 11 blank piece of
paper on the laser printer. Is there any solution? Thanks

Tony Jollans

You could trap the print command and reset the default printer after every
print.

Just put this in a module in your normal.dot - or better yet a global
template:

Sub FilePrint()
Application.Dialogs(wdDialogFilePrint).Show
ActivePrinter = "Whatever Your Envelope Printer is Called"
End Sub

(substituting your actual printer name, of course)

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Hawk76" wrote in message
I print a lot of envelopes. I have numerous Word files, each with just a
three line address. When I want an envelope I open a Word file, select the
address and click the envelope icon in the Task bar. I have a printer
specifically load with envelopes and that is all I use it for. I have that
envelope printer designated as the default so that Word will print

envelopes
to it. If I print a different Word document to my laser printer Word

changes
the default printer to the laser and I have to close and reopen Word to

get
the envelope feature to print to the Windows default/envelope printer.

This
is a pain and I often inadvertently print an address to a 8.5 x 11 blank
piece of paper on the laser printer. Is there any solution? Thanks

How do I create a Word form like corel WP merge documents? dlee_at_mmsgov Microsoft Word Help 2 October 8th 05 06:29 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Wordperfect Office 2000 conversion to Word 2003 MikeE New Users 1 March 21st 05 12:04 AM