ktharris

Default How do I get a bottom (horizontal) border for my footnote

How do I get a bottom (horizontal) border for my footnote. Preferably grey
1/2pt.

I have also tried to use 'insert horizontal line', but as I want the line
outside of the text box (below the footer) I cannot use this function.

This is for purely cosmetic reasons and I would prefer the horizontal line
to be fixed as I am creating a letterhead template for various staff to use.
I do not want the horizontal line to be moveable.

Hope you can help.

Katie
Charles Kenyon

For your footer (not footnote) add a bottom border to the footer style.
(although I use a top border, myself)

You may want to take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other
document where you want one header on the first page and a different header
on other pages. http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives
step-by-step instructions. (It also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Word "Forms"
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordw...rces.htm#Forms and

Word for Word Perfect Users
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordperfect.htm if you are coming from a WP
environment (or even if you are not).

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"ktharris" wrote in message
How do I get a bottom (horizontal) border for my footnote. Preferably
grey
1/2pt.

I have also tried to use 'insert horizontal line', but as I want the line
outside of the text box (below the footer) I cannot use this function.

This is for purely cosmetic reasons and I would prefer the horizontal line
to be fixed as I am creating a letterhead template for various staff to
use.
I do not want the horizontal line to be moveable.

Hope you can help.

Katie

CyberTaz

Not certain this is exactly what you want, but in '03 (and probably earlier)
you can click in your footnote, go to FormatBorders and Shading, set the
color and style for your Border and click the button in the Preview pane for
a Bottom Border (or click directly on the bottom edge of the paragraph
indicator). This will maintain a border below _all_ footnotes on the page and
runs from margin to margin.

'03 also gives you a second button if you have multiple footnotes (directly
above the button referred to before), and if you click it, too, each footnote
will have the bottom border applied, rather than just the one border below
all footnotes.

HTH |:)