JanouraRM JanouraRM is offline
Junior Member

Default Word 2002 / Cursor Changes

I have spent quite a bit of time online doing Google searches and coming up empty-handed. Hopefully someone can offer a useful solution as I am at my wits end!

One of the gals in the office has Word 2002 on her computer. She came in Monday morning to find her cursor has changed from the standard i-bar to a shaded i-bar; that is, when she puts the arrow on any text, the cursor changes to a shaded block about two spaces wide. As she is borderline OCD this has understandably thrown her into an ultimate tizzy and she is claiming that she can't work like this ... oh the drama. Anyways I have tried several things to get it to change back including zoom - 500% - normal, uncheck "enable click & type" AND "use smart cursoring" on the Options - Edit tab, with no success.

Suggestions ? Please send them to aedwards at janourarealty dot com. Thanks!