Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] sce.gang.stuff@gmail.com is offline

Default Update table numbers

Hi all,

I have the caption associating with the Table

E.g. Table 1: blah blah

I have hundreds of table and if i insert a new table with the caption,
i would need to update the caption field individually.

Is there any command that would update all the fields?

Appreciate any advice.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Update table numbers

Updating Table Captions in Microsoft Word
  1. Insert all table captions using the "Insert Caption" feature in Word.
  2. Select the entire document by pressing "Ctrl+A" on your keyboard.
  3. Press "F9" on your keyboard to update all the fields in your document, including the table captions.
  4. To update a single table caption, right-click on it and select "Update Field" from the context menu.
  5. To update all table captions at once, select the entire document by pressing "Ctrl+A" on your keyboard, then press "F9" to update all the fields.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can press Ctrl+A to select the whole document and then press F9 to
update all fields. Switching to Print Preview and back works, too.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

ups.com...