Adding field names to filename

Old November 28th 06, 09:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter

Default Adding field names to filename

Hi,

Is it possible to add fieldnames to a filename of a Word document?
I would name a document like"{yyyymmdd} {revnum} {document name} "
without having
to change the filename everytime i change the revision number of the
document.

Cheers,

Peter

Old November 28th 06, 10:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You may find http://www.gmayor.com/save_numbered_versions.htm useful

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old November 28th 06, 11:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter

Excellent!

Perfect the script is was looking for,
I slightly modified it to my needs (i preferer to use document
properties)

Peter